- Miniaturization: Circular connectors are becoming smaller and more compact to meet the demands of space-constrained applications, like wearable electronics and new Industrial Internet of Things (IIoT) devices.
- Increased Bandwidth: The industry is heading towards developing new standards of increased bandwidth capacity for circular connectors, allowing for faster data transmission and improved system performance.
- Growth in new and existing markets: Due to increasing demand for efficient network solutions, circular connectivity is expected to see further growth in IIoT, medical, automotive, and innovative home applications.
- Cost-effective solutions: Circular connectors are designed to provide cost-effective solutions for networking in industrial automation applications, along with more affordable cabling solutions in general.
- Integration with other technologies: Circular connectors are being integrated with other technologies, including wireless connectivity, in order to provide networking solutions that are both flexible and more easily scalable.
- Energy-efficient solutions: Circular connectors will contribute to improved energy efficiency for applications, requiring only low amounts of power to operate.
Innovative products from binder
Our innovative products are designed not only to match these emerging industry trends, but to continue to push the envelope of innovation. binder is in the business of providing connectivity solutions that help modern applications to transfer both data and power more efficiently.
The award-wining Not Connected Closed (NCC) Connector is an innovative solution for applications with demanding protection requirements in limited space. This compact and flexible connector includes many key features, like a special locking mechanism, space-saving design, and the highest level of protection. This makes it an innovative solution for all sorts of applications, ranging from test and measurement devices to medical applications. The NCC is a prime example of a binder-specific customized solution that has made the successful transition to a full series of miniature connector products.
- Mating cycles: > 1000
- Pins: 5
- Rated current: 2 A
- Rated voltage: 50 V
- Degree of protection: IP54 (unmated)/IP67 (mated)
- Contact plating: Au (gold)
- Termination: solder, dip solder
The M8 D-code is ideal for innovative applications that require quick, dependable data communication across devices. This connection gives Ethernet networks a cost- and space-effective solution for linking miniature sensors. The M8-D meets full data-transmission requirements with a compact design, and is easily adaptable to various applications. M8-D connections are superior to M12 connectors in many aspects, because they can transmit data at speeds of up to 100 Mbit/s while taking up approximately one-third less space.
- Designed for sensors and actuators in small installation spaces
- Pins: 4 symmetrical contacts
- Shielding: shielded
- Available versions: straight cable connectors, double-ended cordsets, panel mount connectors straight and angled, field-attachable connectors
- Transmission characteristics: Cat5e
- Data speed: 100 Mbit/s
- Mating cycles: > 100
- Protection rating: IP67
- Rated voltage: 63 V (DC)
- Rated current: 4 A
- DIN EN ISO 61076-2-114
binder’s Harsh Environment Connectors (HEC) are very versatile. In particular, the 8-pin version offers many opportunities due to its hybrid approach of unifying signal and power supply. The HEC 8-pin is a hybrid connector that combines four signal contacts, three power contacts, and 1 PE contact, thus enabling both power and signal supply with one single connector. This single cable solution optimizes space, while maintaining high signal and power supply performance. The connectors have UL and VDE certifications, and are also UV-resistant. More than 500 mating cycles for the 12-pin version and more than 1000 mating cycles for the 5- and 8-pole variants attest to the strong mechanical load capability of these products.
- Mating cycles: > 500 for 12 pins and > 1000 for 5 and 8 pins
- Pins: 5, 8 and 12
- Rated voltage: 150 V and 250 V; 1000 V, 4000 V and 6000 V
- Rated current: 32 A (5 pins), 3 A signal and 25 A power (8 pins), 5 A (12 pins)
- Protection rating: IP68, IP69K
- DIN EN ISO 13485
The Easy Locking Connector (ELC) is easy to connect, intuitively pluggable, and safe to use. The ELC can be an excellent fit for delicate homecare applications. The connector satisfies the standards for electromechanical communication in medical equipment, and is made to be both durable and biocompatible. In the medical field, the reliability and security of electromechanical transmissions are both crucial. As a result, the needed connectors should demonstrate contact dependability, signal integrity, ergonomic design, and intuitive operation. A color scheme that meets the design requirements of medical device makers is also essential. These connectors also meet standards for hygienically delicate situations, including protection against dust, moisture splashes, and unintentional electrical contact.
- Mating cycles: > 5000
- Pins: 12
- Rated voltage: 150 V
- Rated current: 2 A
- Protection rating: IP54
- Production certified after ISO 13485
- Variety of color options to meet design specifications
binder provides a Single Pair Ethernet (SPE) M8 solution for data and power transmission in an industrial automation environment. The trend towards using only one pair of wires reduces both cost and needed resources. Industrial Ethernet enables smooth end-to-end data transfer from the field-level sensor to the control, as well as increased operating levels as Industry 4.0 technology develops. Industrial Ethernet is advancing beyond traditional automation levels. Because of this continuity, users can access both process and real-time device data for data analysis, process control, and production planning. Digitization, decentralization, and seamless end-to-end data transmission have increased the demand for circular connectors in the automation industry. This increased demand has grown the expectations for connector product functionality. The cost-effectiveness of connectivity solutions in terms of required materials, energy, and ease of installation has grown, as well.
Other positive aspects of SPE connectivity solutions include the fact that devices with gigabit transmission rates can be integrated into Ethernet networks via a single pair of wires. In addition, Power over Data Lines (PoDL) can be used to supply power to the instrumentation through the same pair of wires.
- Mating cycles: 100
- Pins: 2 and 4
- Rated voltage: up to 72 V DC
- Rated current: 4 Pin: 8 A Power/1.5 A Data; 2 Pin: 4 A
- Protection rating: IP67
- According to IEC 63171-5 and IEC 63171-6
Available in 2023
binder solutions – From conception to the best possible solution
binder solutions is a business unit within the binder group that focuses solely on keeping up with industry trends, creating effective concepts, and developing innovative solutions. From the conception stage to the final product, we offer single-source development, prototyping, and series production. We have executed on many successful projects in the past, and we are confident in our ability to provide for the future of the circular connectivity.